Sunday, January 3, 2010

HARDWARE RANCH ROAD TRIP



We went to Hardware Ranch in Logan, Uath to look at elk. I am doing a report on deers, and the elk is a species of deer so we went on a field trip.
When we arrived we bought tickets and waited in line. It was snowing. Finally, we got to ride in a wagon pulled by two clydesdales. The wagon took us up to where over 500 elk were grazing. The wagon drove very close to the elk and they didn't even run off. I noticed that the elk make a really different kind of noise to communicate. If you look at my video clip you will hear the sound that they make. I thought that their sound would be loud and deep, but it is not. It almost sounds like a seal to me. It was a really cool fieldtrip. I want to go again.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous you got to see the elk. I would love to see that. I don't I have ever been to Hardware ranch. LaRae

    ReplyDelete